GTA 5 GAME RUMORS & HINTS
Everything on this page is purely speculation. We just gathered the rumors & hints that we felt were most credible. We've got images, videos and other hints at GTA 5's upcoming release and details. Enjoy!
GTA 5 Rockstar Employee Leak
1. The GTA 5 protagonist will only be one character unlike in previous GTA games. His name is (rumored to be Albert De Silva. He's a half Brazilian man who was once part of a crime family in Vice City. He decided to get his life on the right track and have kids in Los Santos. He has a son named Kevin De Silva who is your stereotypical stoner player. He's lazy, useless and shouts racial abuse online and he is big on FPS games. Kevin really looks up to his dad and it shows.
2. Multiplayer will allow 32 players in a GTA 5 multiplayer lobby on the Xbox and PS3. PC lobby player capacity was not mentioned. Just like in Red Dead Redemption, players will be able to make and recruit for Gangs. The gangs arent ranked through XP anymore, but instead through reputation. Instead of gang hideouts like on Red Dead Redemption, you can do jobs that range from robbing a bank to breaking into a military base and stealing tanks or aircraft or other highly developed weaponary. The Gang leader will have much more control over their gang by being able to rank members. He or she will also be able to assign specific objectives to specific gang members. Gangs can have and defend their own territory but only in areas inside the city of Los Santos.
3. The map is five times bigger than the Grand Theft Auto 4 Liberty City map. The city of Los Santos takes up half of the space on the map so the city itself is about two times bigger than Liberty City. Like most GTA games, the map is divided into three sections
4. Planes are flyable, they range from World War 2 fighter planes to Private Jets. A new and advanced fighter jet has been added to the game which will certainly have the pilots on their heels. GTA 5 is said to be taking the dogfighting experience to another level
5. Vehicles and weapons are all customisable. You can add scopes, silencers and much more to weapons. You can get your car hooked up with a variety of customizations such as nitrus, drops and much much more.
Some juicy things that you might like:
1. The protagonist is the 'old guy' from the GTA 5 games first trailer. You will learn more about this character when the second trailer is dropped, when he talks more about his problems The protagonist is shown two times in the first trailer. First time is a side when he is looking at the city of Los Santos from his balcony. The second time is when he is seen driving a Deceptor (Audi R8). The people that rob the jewellery store are just his partners in crime. He isnt shown because he is the getaway driver waiting on his men to finish the job.
2. Gunfights are more way more realistic than the cartoony action from previous Grand Theft Auto games. When you do drive-by's a lot of factors will affect your aim such as your speed, your seating, the drivers handling and much more..
3. The GTA 5 game is releasing in May 2013. A more specific release date hasnt been coined because the game still needs 6 more months to fully developed.
4. Police chases are now much more adventures than either running or speeding away in your car. Depending on your wanted level, cops might shut off the streets with riot shields and flash bangs. After a 4 star wanted level, the cops will start to broadcasting warnings to the public and other authorities of your crime and whereabouts.
5. All news radio stations will now do ACCURATE traffic reports based on whats actually happening on the roads. If you get lost in the City of Los Santos, you can easily check your smart phone or radio to find your way.
6. The in-game television has returned and now offers a large variety of channels based on current times.
7. The criminal underworld actually has a working economy that you can support by buying and selling drugs, weapons, stolen cars and much more in single player.
8. The protagonist can consume drugs which'll have realistic effects on the protagonists vision and judgement. Smoking some green in public will lead to an automatic one star wanted level.
9. Police cars will start to pursue you if you're blatantly breaking road laws. If you get in an accident at high speed, it will damage your health according to the impact.
1 star - Cops chase you on foot and try to arrest you No sirens, no car chases (unless you are speeding).
2 star - Police will still attempt to make an arrest. If you pull out a weapon the cops open fire. They will use stun guns if you just run without showing a weapon.
3 star - Hot pursuits will begin and the police will do whatever they can to stop you.
4 star - Road blocks, APB on the radio stations and much more hostile police. Even when you lose them, they'll still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.
5 star - Police will shoot to kill, and arrest only if it's made very possible. Even when you lose them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. A couple of missions will not be playable if you are wanted.
6 star - Military vehicles come chasing after you. Even when you lose them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. More missions will not be playable if you are wanted.