GTA 5 PILOTS TUTORIALS ----------- MORE ON FORUM
GTA 5 Pilots GTA 4 TBOGT Buzzard Tips
1. You must learn to fly before you can learn to dogfight. Keep your controller on 'low' sensitivity until you know what your doing. This makes it easier to level out your helicopter and move at a slow pace until you really get a handle on quickly maneuvering your helicopter with out it ending with loss of control. Once you get the hang of flying you can use 'medium' or 'high' sensitivity to work on your aim.
2. Know your bullet range. A lot of new or mid level pilots make the mistake of moving into shooting range and then looking up at their opponent to shoot but by this time theyre already getting all their windows shot out and killed. One range trick that experienced pilots do is that they will keep circling and pulling back right before they get into range. That will frustrate some players and send them rushing in fast and which makes their chopper wobbly at which point the experienced pilot will hit a sweet dropshot or sidewind.
3. Be first to engage. A lot of times when your going up against a pilot of the same skill level, it all comes down to who gets the first good hit. If your bullets connect first it can shake/wobble your opponents helicopter just enough to give you the edge.
4. In GTA you must level your helicopter before you engage, dont go into a dogfight while your helicopter is wobbly. Another rookie mistake. Until you become a great pilot, try straight shooting, meaning you just sit in one general area without circling with your opponent and let him come to you. When you get good at that, start experimenting with moving in slowly while straight shooting. The circle is something that comes naturally as you get better at dogfighting.
5. Know when to press and release acceleration. When your holding the gas, it makes your turns tighter. It also makes your helicopter wobble if you hold it at the wrong time.
6. Fight on your terms, no one elses. If you see that this person wants to keep rushing you, get distance, gain height advantage and rush him/her. If you see that he/she lights you up everytime you rush him or here, then STOP rushing. Let them come to you and when they do, drop shot them. If you see that your helicopter is starting to wobble while you are falling backwards doing your drop shot, then dont keep trying it. Nose dive and go straight(quickly) gaining some distance and then turn around(by this time he/she will be coming down at you fast) and dropshot or sidewind again. Repeat this as many times as you need to.
GTA 5 Pilots GTA 4 TBOGT Buzzard Tricks
Moving in straight at the pilot youve targeted with speed, whether it be going straight at him/her straight down at him/her or going straight up at him/her. The advantage to rushing is that when your bullets connect, they shake and wobble the helicopter. The disadvantage is that if you dont get a good initial hit, you can be dropshotted or sidewinded to hell.
Tilt your helicopter backwards while shooting up and letting your chopper slowly fall backwards. It takes practice to get good at controlling your helicopters aim while dropshotting. If you do a bit of a sidewind with your dropshot, it gives you more control over the helicopter.
Shooting at your adversary while throwing your helicopter in a left or right rotation. A sidewind can be done several different ways but the most effective way would probably be by literally tilting your helicopter sideways and 'pushing off' your opponents chopper. It takes practice to get good at this but those who do, become lethal.
In GTA a bumper switch is both lethal and annoying. When you beat good pilots with the bumper switch, it frusterates them which throws off their game. Act as if your going LB and immediately before you get into range switch to RB and do either a sidewind or drop shot. Vice versa, show the other pilot a bit of RB and switch to LB when your helicopters coming into range. You can either bumper switch right at the end and straight shoot, literally letting your opponent run into your bullets. Or you can bumper switch a bit before range and try to suck your opponent into your own circle direction. This maneuver also takes a lot of practice but is one of the most effective tactics in GTA Dogfights. If you learn how to counter the LB or RB with a bumper switch, you will have an advantage over most players. Dogfighting isnt button mashing, you have to be strategic to win an air fight against a good player.
Dont be a rocket spammer. Not only is it frowned upon and will get you abused by good pilots, but it does you more harm than good. They are very inaccurate and when your opponents sees all these rockets coming out of your helicopter, he or she can tell whether you know how to aim them or are just spraying desperately which by the way can damage your chopper too. If you like using rockets, use a couple at a time and surprisingly meaning mve in like your about to shoot machine guns but the whole time your timing a nice little rocket cluster that your going to send. When ever you shoot rockets, it should be thought out. Rockets rarely work when pilots panic and just start shooting wildly. Learn to aim the rockets to where the helicopter is going, not where it is. Keep an eye on which rocket(right or left) was the last to leave your helicopter so it gives you a better idea of where you should aim in the next engagement.